Work from Home
The Ickabog - a new online fairytale from J.K.Rowling
A new chapter or two will be released at 3pm every weekday until July 10th.
Read about the story here: https://www.theickabog.com/home/
Read the chapters here: https://www.theickabog.com/read-the-story/
Get involved with the illustration competition here: https://www.theickabog.com/competition/
The Book of Hopes: Words and Pictures to Comfort, Inspire and Entertain Children in Lockdown
Read the book here.
Completely free for all children and families, the extraordinary collection of short stories, poems, essays and pictures has contributions from more than 110 children’s writers and illustrators, including Lauren Child, Anthony Horowitz, Greg James and Chris Smith, Michael Morpurgo, Liz Pichon, Axel Scheffler, Francesca Simon, Jacqueline Wilson – and Katherine herself.
The collection, published by Bloomsbury, is dedicated to the doctors, nurses, carers, porters, cleaners and everyone currently working in hospitals.
A Twitter challenge for you!
How about sending us a photo of:
- Something you've seen on a walk
- Something that has made you smile
- Something you've made
- A drawing you've done
- A teddy or a rainbow you've spotted in a window
We can't wait to see your images!
Coronavirus - A book for children
Learning at home
Whilst at home, if your child is well enough, they can engage with the following:
- Work through the physical pack of learning resources handed out prior to school closures.
- Check for work set on DB Primary by your child's class teacher (see link below); your child will know their login details.
- Use our school's subscriptions, such as Times Tables Rock Stars and Oxford Reading Buddy - see the full list below.
- See the information on this webpage for further support for various curriculum areas. We continue to update this regularly.
- Enjoy time with family! At the end of this page, there are lots of ideas for activities to engage in, inside and outside the home.
Home Learning Routine: Some Ideas
Letters to children
Penn Wood's Subscriptions
|R - Y6|
|Y4 - Y6|
|R - Y6|
|EY & KS1|
|EY & KS1|
|Oxford Owl||All classes|
NHS home learning project
Have a go at some of the ideas within this document to learn all about our wonderful NHS!
Oak National Academy
A group of academies have worked together to record a full suite of lessons for children of all ages, across a range of subject areas. They are accessible here.