contact-ustwitterarrow-rightarrow-downsearchfacebookmapemailclose arrow-leftarrow-uptranslate

Main Header

School Logo

Penn Wood Primary

and Nursery School

Interactive Bar

  • Contact Us


Parents and families are always welcome to come into our school. We like parents to contact us if any particular concerns arise. We are especially pleased when parents feel that they can give some time to help us in the classroom or with a special project. Parental involvement is highly valued in our school and we are grateful for any help and time parents can give to us. We would like to encourage parents to lead upper school clubs.
There is a Slough Borough Council Early Years Centre on site and adult education classes are available. The office can give you information.
Home School Agreements
We believe that parents and school work in partnership to educate children. To this end we have a Home School Agreement which acknowledges the responsibilities of school, parents and children in this vital partnership.


We hope that all our parents will support their children and the school, by ensuring that children do all set homework. It will be introduced in the Foundation stage (3-5) with books to share with parents. It will increase as the children develop.


Personal Possessions
Children should not bring toys or other precious personal possessions to school as these may be lost or broken. We do not accept responsibility if this happens. Jewellery must not be worn as it can be dangerous. If children have pierced ears the only earrings to be worn are studs, and they must not be worn for swimming. The school will not accept responsibility for the loss of any item of jewellery.


Complaints Procedure
If parents have a query or complaint about the curriculum, religious education or collective worship, they should contact the class teacher. Difficulties can usually be settled informally at an early stage. However, in extremely rare circumstances it may be necessary to follow the procedure below.
1.Informal Level from the class teacher then the Headteacher
2.Formal level to the governing body
3.Formal Level to the Local Authority (LA)

The name of the Chair of Governors or the Chief Education Officer of the LA will be given to formal complainants, along with copies of any relevant documents explaining the complaints procedures.

Contact Details and Useful Links