Free School Meals
Do you qualify for Free School Meals for your child?
If you receive any of the following than your child will be entitled to Free School Meals and additional funding for the school.
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190 for financial year.
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit Apply
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we are temporarily extending free school meal eligibility to include some children of groups who have no recourse to public funds (NRPF).
These groups are:
- children of Zambrano carers
- children of families with no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private and family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights
- children of families receiving support under Section 17 of the Children Act 1989 who are also subject to a no recourse to public funds restriction
These groups are also subject to a maximum household earnings threshold of £7,400 per annum.
We are also temporarily extending eligibility to children of a subset of failed asylum seekers supported under Section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999. This group is not subject to a maximum household earnings threshold.
This extension is temporarily in place to support families facing difficulties due to the current unique circumstances. It covers both children who are attending school and children who are at home.
This extension will apply until children return to school.
For more information, please click here.
You can apply for Free School Meals directly to Slough here or complete the following application form and give it to the school office with the eligibility requirements detailed above. Call the school office if you would like a form to be posted out to you: 01753 521811.