Girls on Track 2022!
Girls on Track UK is an initiative managed by Motorsport UK, whose main aim is to inspire, connect and showcase females in motorsport as well as in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) subjects. Through active, engaging activity days for schools, they aim to excite and encourage girls into believing that there is a rightful place for females within the motorsports industry.
This term, 10 of our Year 6 girls, who have worked extremely hard in PE this term, were invited to the Girls on Track UK event at TeamSport Reading on Tuesday 1st November.
On the day, the girls were given the opportunity to take part in the following activities:
· Drive go karts at Team Sport’s Indoor Karting Circuit
· Experienced life in a racing pit lane by performing a pitstop challenge
· Embarked in an engaging engineering-based activity building a lego go kart and coding it to performs range of functions
· Worked with a motorsports presenter and carried out a piece to camera
· Tested their reactions with some fun games, including a batak light game with young engineers from a competing F1 in Schools competition.
The experience was absolutely overwhelming, and the girls were extremely humbled to have been invited to such a fantastic day full of educational fun. We hope that this will inspire them and more girls to continue their adventures with Motor Sport in the future.
They definitely enjoyed life in the fast lane!